Monday, October 11, 2010

Study finds Autism linked to jaundice in newborns

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39580262/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/?GT1=43001

This article is about a study done about newborn babies who are born with jaundice. The study shows that babies who are born with jaundice are 67% more likely to develop Autism then those babies who were not born with jaundice. I chose to blog about this article because a baby in my community was just born this past Thursday and he has been in the hospital since then. The parents did not say much about what was wrong with him, but they said he had jaundice. When I opened up the Internet, I saw this article so I blogged about it. Children are usually diagnosed at around four or five with Autism. I think that it is kind of scary that there are more and more newborns that are being diagnosed with Autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment